Saturday, December 03, 2005

11-29 update

Thanksgiving was fun. I went back home to Pullman for a few days and got to see my mom and her not-boyfriend. All in all it was pretty great. I normally go home planning on sending the majority of my time working on my mom's place but this time I just used it as a much needed vacation. Honestly, what better place then at your childhood home then to undo a couple of the top buttons?

Alas, the break is over and I'm back in Puyallup and back at school. Finals are next week and Work is drastically getting busier. Snow fell at Pierce College and I thought all the locals were gonna come undone. I would not suggest a transfer, of any Pierce College students, to WAZZU or any college that continually has 6 or more inches of snow on the ground for a period of 4 months.

This artist by the name of Tyrone Wells played in the College Center around noon and man it shook me. I guess I'll just reveal this little secret about myself now on myspace for all the world to read.... I have this desire deep down in my soul to travel and play my music on stage someday. There you have it. Every time I see a young guy on his guitar, strumming his song and doin his thing I just ignite. I remember the first time I met Shawn McDonald in Starbucks at Bellevue and hearing him play. He was this new cat from Eugene Oregon with a guitar and lyrics that had a "spiritual undertone" and the Starbucks I was working wasn't sure, at first, if we could play such tunes. I'm glad they decided to let him do his thing. His music was so fresh, so raw, so real. Now he's on a label, and I couldn't be happier for the Bro for God as blessed him in so many ways, although now I have to pay for a ticket and I'm not necessary guaranteed a 7:00 gig on a Saturday night. I still love him though and you can tell, if you ever go see him, that he is doing what he is made to do. It's Beautiful. I, on the other hand, get so busy with the "other" of life that I forget how much I long to do this and how much I long to write more of my music and continually refine my meager ability at guitar. Seeing someone so good and up close just lit me up again. All I can seem to think about is now is how soon can I get home and back to my guitar and note pad.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home